trude: (darth vader)
[personal profile] trude

* It's a surprisingly funny movie a lot of the time.

* It did also dissapoint me a lot, but more in a "OK, maybe I can calm down about this franchise until the next reboot"-way than a "Merlin S4"-way (I hope).

* The red-herringness of Rey's background was...well, extremely annoying, but I'm actually more pissed about the total disinterest in the Leia-Kylo mother-son dynamic (and no, it didn't feel like something they were saving for the next movie).

* Yeah Kylo, if your mom doesn't believe you can be saved anymore, I certainly don't either.

* Mark Hamill as cranky old Luke was a treat. And suprise!Yoda was...went on a bit to long? But he was a nice surprise.

* I dislike a lot of the things they've done with Leia (and some of the stuff that happens to her here becomes extra uncomfortable after Carrie Fisher's death) but her using the force to float through space was amazing.

* Finn's And Rose's amazing adventures were my favorite thing about the movie, and John Boyega performance was my favorite, even if some of Finn's "funny" moment fell flat. And Rose didn't die!

* Prediction about the romantic endgames: Finn/Rose and Rey/Poe, or a foursome. And Kylo and Hux are trapped in a horribly abusive relationship that I don't know if even Hux deserves.

* I know that half the movie felt like set-up for Rey/Kylo, but...no. Just no. Also, Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver has no chemistry other than a bickering sibling-wibe, but I'll try to not beat that dead horse.)

* I like the llama-horses better than the porgs.

* And I want someone to travel back in time to the mid/late nineties and show George Lucas that this is how you include cute kids in a Star Wars-movie.

Profile

trude: (Default)
trude

December 2019

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
151617 1819 2021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 11th, 2026 12:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios